Let's Pray against our fears together-TOMORROW NIGHT (Feb.15-7:pm in the wing)

                        


                           AGAINST FEAR

I've had just enough people ask what we do at our monthly prayer meetings that I thought I should just put up the whole "order of worship". This is what we'll do, Lord willing, as we meet together-COME AND CHECK OUT :)


Welcome- Why we are here… you need PRAY NOW guide 1/2 sheet of paper and a pen.

 

Songs:                                  All in All                    D

You are My strength when I am weak you are the treasure that I seek-you are My All in All-seeking you as a precious Jewel Lord to give up I'd be a fool-you are My All in All

Jesus Lamb of God Worthy is your name (2x)

Taking my sin my cross my shame -rising again I bless your name -you are My All in All When I fall down you pick me up when I am dry you fill my cup you are My All in All

    Be still and know                       G

Be still and know that I am God (3X) I am the Lord that health thee (3X) I am the way that leads to life (3X)

1 Peter 5:6-7 Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

Humble thyself                   Em

Humble thyself in the sight of the Lord. (Echo) (2X) And He (Echo) will lift (Echo)        you up, higher and higher. And He will lift you up.

 

What are the fears we face and what can we do with them?

I don’t know anyone who doesn’t fear something-spiders, snakes, water, darkness, public speaking-you name it people can fear it. We may have some fears in common or some that are just us. I’m going to invite you to be brave tonight in 3 ways.

 

The first way is to name your fear-out loud or written down. We’ll put them on the board with no judgement-if it’s a real fear for you it’s real for us. Call them out or write them down on the ½ sheet and pass them in… we’ll face our fears together by writing them up on the board. Get them out there, remember fears grow in secret.

 

Next we’re going to read scripture that can and hopefully will speak to your fear-if you feel led to read out loud go ahead when it’s your turn-or stay silent and it will be the next person’s turn…

 

Isaiah 41:10  So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Psalm 23:4  Even though I walk through the valley of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Psalm 46:1-3 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.

Luke 12:7 Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

(anyone afraid of a person or people-these are for you…)

Psalm 27:1 The Lord is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid?

Deuteronomy 31:6  Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.

Deuteronomy 3:22 Do not be afraid of them; the Lord your God himself will fight for you.

Hebrews 13:6 So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?”

Psalm 56:3-4 When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise—in God I trust and am not afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?


Finally we will pray about our fears-go to the board and circle the fear you feel led to pray about-maybe you’ve had victory over a fear up here-pray for someone to have the same! Maybe you want to face that fear in your life directly and pray      about it-go for it!

Sometimes we don’t have the words to pray and that is ok. Silent prayer works too. Praying scripture is also a powerful way to pray when we can’t find the words. Feel free to pray the verses we already read or the ones below. Many of them are promises God gives us to fight our fears-you may want to check them out as we pray…

No fear won’t be prayed about-so let’s pray together…

 

Isaiah 41:13 For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.

Luke 12:32 (Jesus says), “Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom.”

Lamentations 3:57 You came near when I called you, and you said, “Do not fear.”

Haggai 2:5 ‘This is what I covenanted with you when you came out of Egypt. And my Spirit remains among you. Do not fear.’

2 Timothy 1:7 For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.

Psalm 91:1-16 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler. You will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day, ...

Romans 8:38-39 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Psalm 34:4 I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.

Philippians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Mark 5:36b Jesus said… “Do not fear, only believe.

Matthew 10:31 Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.


Closing Song:                                Wounded soldier

I am a wounded soldier but I will not leave the fight-because the great physician is healing me-so I'm standing in the battle in the armor of His light - because his mighty power is real in me- I am loved I am accepted-by the savior of my soul-I am loved-I am accepted and my wounds will be made whole

 

 

 

 


Comments