Brooke's Call for Prayer...

 


Last Sunday, Brooke Mullins gave us an update on her health situation. It was moving to say the least. Here is a young sister in the faith who is struggling with tremendous pain. Please read this and pray for her courage and healing, then share this with others who will lift her up... here are her words...

I wanted to give you all a big update on where my health stands. I suffer from chronic migraines 24/7. The lowest my pain has gotten out of 10 in the last 2 months is a five the highest being a 10. 

Side effects of these migraines include fatigue passing out facial and body numbness and tingling, vision going black and throwing up. I only go to school about twice a week which is all my body can handle. I'm not allowed on any computers or electronics at school . 

My daily life is greatly affected. We are now trying to think of what to do next to help decrease these migraines as there are not many options left. Most of this pain is caused by my traumatic brain injury from my car accident I had back in June. 

My current diagnosis is now pain disorder associated with physiological factors and medical condition physical deconditioning and chronic migraines. Many prayers are needed as this chapter of my life is just beginning . I would say I'm functioning at about 10% of 100. I miss out on sports family functions and hanging out with friends. I do not get to experience life as one teenager should.

I've tried every non FDA approved medicine there is which all have failed. I get nerve blocks in the back of my head once a week to numb my head for around 2 hours to give me some pain relief for a short period of time. We are now currently discussing options with my doctor of what to do next because there isn't much left.

Thank you all

 

 


Comments