What's next in Sunday School... no fool'n! UPDATE-CLASS HAS BEGUN-YOU CAN STILL JOIN-LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT TO!

 


UPDATE-CLASS HAS BEGUN AS OF MARCH 17-YOU CAN STILL JOIN-LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT TO!

Here's a teaser from the back of the book I plan to begin studying next in my Sunday School class...

Why is it that some people drive you crazy and what can you do about it? Drawing on the Book of Proverbs, Silvious offers biblical wisdom that will help keep your sanity intact and bring peace to trying relationships. Discover how to confront foolish actions, adjust your own attitudes to avoid facilitating difficult behavior, and more...  

This is a classic. We did the video series years ago and I always wanted to do the book (after all, the book is always better than the movie ;)  Jan's wit and wisdom come thru wonderfully as this book reveals God's plan for loving and redeeming the fools in our lives.

In case you think this is too judgmental or harsh it's really not. Jesus himself called the Pharisees fools in Luke 11:40. This was well deserved when you read the context. There is also the parables Jesus told where God calls a greedy man a fool in Luke 12:20. Or again, in Matt. 7:26 Jesus calls those who build houses on the sand foolish. And in Luke 25:2 He refers to 5 virgins as foolish as they waited unprepared for a wedding.

We are warned by Jesus not to use the term flippantly, in a burst of rage toward another person of faith in Matt. 5:22. This is a common sense rule, that may not be so common in our name calling culture, where we often call people worse! The teaching is clear-as my mom used to tell me “watch your mouth”. Enough said.

Most likely, we’ll be starting in the next 3 to 4 weeks-feel free to buy a copy or let me know and I'll get one for you-here's where I'd get it:

Here you go...

(You may ask why not just go to Amazon? Last I checked it was $17 there AND I know if we don’t buy good books from good stores like this one-THEY WILL GO OUT OF BUSINESS!)

Space in my class is limited to 10 so let me know if you want to be a part of it soon!


Comments